Friday, August 30, 2013

Science Safety

We have finished composing our science notebooks for the year and are ready to begin our investigations! Included in our notebooks are student safety contracts. Your kiddos brought home a safety contract for you to sign yesterday. Please sign it and return it to school on Tuesday. The rules that we discussed are as follows:


  1. I will act responsibly at all times during science activities.
  2. I will follow the teacher's instructions and investigation procedures carefully.
  3. I will wear safety goggles and protective clothing when instructed to do so.
  4. I will tie back long hair, remove jewelry, and wear closed-end (both toes and heels) shoes when told to do so.
  5. I will not taste, eat, drink, or smell anything during science class unless instructed to do so by the teacher.
  6. I will tell the teacher if I see someone or something that is unsafe.
  7. I know the class emergency plan.
  8. I will immediately notify the teacher of any emergency.

If you have any questions, please let me know! We begin experimenting with properties of matter next week!

Mrs. M 

No comments:

Post a Comment